The farmhouse table and chair set we have been working on this week is finished!!
The top, which Danny stripped, sanded and bleached, has 5 thin coats of Varathane crystal clear water based matte polyurethane, yet it looks like nothing is on it. It has character marks but so pretty! The legs are painted white with 3 coats of the polyurethane.
He stripped and sanded the chairs and they also have 3 coats of the polyurethane. The chairs go well with the table.
It was a little difficult taking pics in the middle of the living room at night, but I couldn’t wait to take pics of this cute set! 🙂
Update: I’m still obsessed with the little farmhouse table and chair set we just finished transforming yesterday. Last night I thought it needed a farmhouse centerpiece so this morning I put it together.
I had made a white vase with a design on it some time ago using a clear glass vase. I first sprayed it with a clear matte sealer to help the paint adhere, then put rubber bands around it. I then sprayed it with a frosted spray paint. When dry I removed the rubber bands.
Today I arranged hydreangas I had dried. Some of the blooms on these hydreangas were huge! They are very fragile and need handling with care, but I have had them awhile and they are still beautiful. I love how drying them preserved the beautiful green and pink of the big blooms.
I am so in love with everything about this. I wish I could keep it. However, it takes up quite a bit of space in the middle of my living room and I have nowhere else for it. I would love to put it in a Four Seasons room …. if I had one. 🙂