Technically, you could call this a painting project. Painting nails. So I say this counts as an appropriate post for my blog. 😁
And if you’ve ever traveled the roads from Missouri through Illinois to get to the Chicago area, you know you need a distraction. Until you get to the wind turbines. I love seeing the wind turbines. I think they look so peaceful.
I was so busy getting ready to go on a trip after some marathon painting and delivering furniture and grandkids visiting, I didn’t have time to actually fit in a visit to the nail salon. And let’s face it. When you are a painter, salon manicures are pretty much a waste of time anyway.
But, I did think ahead so I brought along some nail supplies, planning on doing it in the car while my husband drove. I pretty much make him drive all the time when we go on trips. I learned early on if he was going to tell me step by step how to drive, then he might as well do it himself. Am I right? So, through the years that has freed me up to enjoy many things along the route… grading papers, reading, sleeping, working on the computer (love my hot spot -except when I forget to turn it off-?uh oh), and now setting up a portable nail salon.
First of all I must thank McDonalds. Without their donations, this would have been just another paint your nails in the car thing which would be no big deal. But McDonalds made this a game changer. 😂
I posted this on my Facebook page, too. I tell you, this is going to go viral! Feel free to like my post, my FB page, and share, share, share. You can say you know me when I become an Internet sensation! https://facebook.com/sharsumpaint
* Used coffee cup from McDonalds (dry it with a napkin they provide)
* Drink carrier (who knew when we accepted McDonald’s offer of one that it would make the perfect salon tray)
* Handy dandy little knife found in the console. 🤷🏼♀️ An amazing assortment of items in there. I could take it on Let’s Make a Deal and come home a winner. Note: Be sure to get a lesson on how to close the knife. 🙄
* Those foam things for your toes because God knows its going to be hard enough as it is contorting your body in the front seat to get to them in the first place. You sure don’t want smudges.
* Car air conditioner turned on full blast
Car air conditioner vent works great for drying!
* And, of course nail polish
* First, cut down the coffee cup with the knife. Be careful because this is a dangerous little thing.
* Finally make a pit stop at a rest area before you begin because you don’t want to be interrupted.
*Arrange your supplies and you are all set!
That’s it! Enjoy this life hack you are sure to try again and again.
Warning: This is it on the pics. The actual contortions getting a salon perfect mani/pedi won’t be pretty. And neither will the finished pedicure. I may share the manicure. We will see.
Update: Ok….you get to see a bit of the mani. The hand may or may not have gotten a little bit of filtering.😉
Update: I know I wasn’t going to share any pedi pics (I truly hate seeing those myself) but this is too funny not to share. Turn the mode of the car air conditioner to the leg area and stick your feet under the dash. Perfect pedi drying!
Update: Last pedi pic, I promise. This is all you get to see…think Wilson on Home Improvement … when you only got to see the top of his face. Trust me, you’ll thank me that you are only seeing the top of my toes. But, those sparkles really finish the pedi off nicely. 🥳
Now, what can I do for 2 more hours traveling from Missouri to Chicago? Not as many cornfields to see due to flooding.
And I still can’t believe the luck of finding this knife tool! I’m sure it has a 1,001 more uses. 😂