Update: These SOLD overnight! 🙂
This poor set of vintage bookends was destined for the trash.
When I spotted them, I knew I could save them and give them new life. I didn’t know for sure what that life would look like at the time, so they sat and waited patiently for me to decide.
Today was the day.
* First, I cleaned them well.
* Next, I lightly sanded in case there was chipped paint. There really wasn’t, it had just worn off through the years. Then I cleaned again.
* I gave them one coat of our Missouri Limestone Paint Company chalk-style paint in “Vintage Linen” and let that dry.
* Once that dried, I applied an antique crackling glaze. I let it dry for over an hour.
* I then applied a coat of “January” over that. The antiquing magic started right away, crackling right before my eyes.
* Once that dried, I waxed it all with clear wax and buffed and then highlighted them with dark wax and buffed to give them an aged look. I then applied a bit of copper metallic wax in several areas to bring out more detail. Just look how the music notes seem to jump off the page now!!!
And now, someone’s soon to be trash has become a music and book lover’s soon to be treasure.
This set of bookends is available for purchase. We take PayPal, Square, and cash. Message us for details.
Hi Sharon. Are these still available? Can you give me dimensions and cost?
I’m sorry, Candy. They are not. They have already been picked up. They sold right away. I thought I had added that update. I will go check and add that now.