An experiment to reimagine a small terra cotta pot into a faux concrete one.
Not bad for a first attempt. May use sea salt next time and see what that does.
- Mixed calcium carbonate with Missouri Limestone Paint Compamy chalk-style paint with “Coal Shovel” and painted on the pot with a foam dauber to get as much texture as possible.
- Painted a light coat of “Cupboard Green over that. Made sure I painted the inside, too.
I didn’t do a light sanding after adding the green. In hindsight, I wish I would have done that to bring out a little of the black.
- Painted a light coat of “Sunday Silver” over the green.
- Painted a light dry brush of “Winter Gloves” over the “Sunday Silver.
- Sanded a little by hand with 220. No sealer necessary.
I added couple of faux cactus from Dollar Tree for a new look.